It is a reduced peat potting mix, composed of the best white peat, coco coir, and organic components without any materials derived from animals. Coco coir offers a solution as a sustainable alternative for peat. Combining the exceptional physical properties of high quality white peat, with our highest grade of coco coir proves to be a solution that not only provides an ideal substrate for your plants, but also leaves much less of an impact on our planet than a pure peat based mix would.
BIOCANNA Bio Terra Plus only contains components from natural plant origins, which are released according to the needs of the plant in conjunction with a healthy Rhizosphere activity. Thus, the plant always begins it's life with the optimal amount of nutrition. Through this simple but effective system, the less experienced grower can also achieve great results using BIOCANNA Bio Terra Plus.
BIOCANNA Bio Terra Plus is initially developed to support organic cultivation methods and is ideal to be used alongside other BIOCANNA products, such as BIOCANNA Bio Vega and BIOCANNA Bio Flores.
High Quality Resources
The peat that is used is the best quality that can be used and can only be found in a few places around the world. The longer fibre structures of the peat in BIOCANNA Bio Terra Plus are much lighter which is an absolute advantage for the plant.
We have deliberately chosen not to add bark fines in to the new Bio Terra Plus. It has been found to be one of the ingredients that acted as an attractant for sciarid flies (fungus gnats). Sciarid flies can inhibit the growth process of the root.
The CANNA Coco fiber, unsteamed and treated, used in the mix increases the water holding capacity of the medium while providing the correct balance in porosity for optimal air movement and drainage. Bio Terra Plus, in conjunction with the CANNA/ BIOCANNA nutrient line, provides a more balanced approach to Nitrogen for optimal plant growth. Additionally, the lime charge is designed for a longer use period which prvides a more consistent root environment.
New Soil improver is added:
- Plays a strong role in plant vitality, quality and growth.
- Provides the best environment for the growth and functionality of beneficial soil bacteria.
- Avoids nitrate leaching with (drain) water and keeps essential minerals available for plants.
- Provides an increased water holding capacity with improved drainage properties to ensure a well aerated substrate for faster rooting.
The plant regulates it's needs of nutrients itself, but you need to keep an eye on things to ensure there is the right amount available in the substrate in the first place. If you use too much BIOCANNA Bio Vega or Bio Flores the plant will still take what it needs, but it will create a salt structure which you will need to wash out. If you don't use enough BIOCANNA Vega or Bio Flores it will mean an accelerated consumption of the pre-loaded nutrient in Bio Terra Plus, which can result in a yellowing plant. Please ensure you follow the growschedule of BIOCANNA Bio Vega or Bio Flores correctly.
It's natural, it's easy
BIOCANNA Bio Terra Plus provides a continuous release of nutrients. Further it has a stable and predictable soil pH level from start to finish. A stable pH ensures continuous release of essential plant nutrients for the first 4-6 weeks, depending on the type of crop grown. BIOCANNA Bio Terra Plus assists you during the entire growing cycle
How to use?
- Open bag and fill container with product to within an inch of the top
- Water in medium prior to planting to the point of drainage insuring mix is thoroughly wetted
- Plant and cover roots
- Water in with dilute fertilizer solution to drain.
- Begin the fertilization program after seven days, depending on plant growth
- The surface of BIO TERRA PLUS should be allowed to dry out a little before giving more Water/Fertilizer